Grammy’s “Album of the Year” Cocktails at LA LIVE
1. Lady Antebellum “Hot For You” Cocktail
Why: “Need You Now” is the title of Lady Antebellum’s second album, which explores the desperate longings that make separated lovers yearn to reconnect. Take a sip and feel the heat described in the album through this Jalapenos-spiced cocktail.
- 2 oz Cazadores Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Pama Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice Fresh Squeezed
- 1/2 oz Agave Nectar
2. Lady GaGa’s “Fame Monster” Cocktail
Why: The Fame Monster album is shamelessly decadent. Eleven of its thirteen songs are about money, celebrity, sex, clubbing, or a sticky combination of all four. The “Fame Monster” signature cocktail contains all the energy of the album and is mixed with a Full Throttle energy drink.
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Midori
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- Top with energy drink (Full Throttle)
- Garnish with two slices of cucumber facing up
3. Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” Cocktail
Why: Katy Perry called the album `Teenage Dream’ because she wants to be a teenage dream in a pin-up poster. The JW Marriott created a sweet teenage dream of a drink with Amaretto and Orange Juice.
- Fill a Pilsner glass with Ice
- Fill halfway with Shocktop
- 1 1/2 oz Amaretto
- Splash of Orange Juice
- Garnish Orange Slice
4. Eminem’s “Recovery” Cocktail
Why: To put it simply, Eminem is back. In his new album Recovery, he shows that he can still spit with the best of them, then he shows that he’s better than all of them, and he knows it. The non-alcoholic “Recovery” cocktail features a sweet and sour mixture, which feels just like his music.
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Cranberry juice
- Splash grapefruit
- Splash of grenadine
- Garnish with orange & cherry
5. Arcade Fire’s “The Suburbs” Cocktail
Why: The Suburbs album is a complete work meant to be taken in as a single, hour long journey between adolescence and adulthood. Nothing marks that transition better than champagne!
- Mumm Champagne
- Topped with Chambord
- Garnish with edible orchard
- Serve in a champagne flute